Rector – Episcopal News Service
As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, we remain strongly connected through our interactions and our desire to be transformed by God’s grace. At heart, we are a relational church. We come from many denominational backgrounds and have theologically diverse opinions. We recognize the natural tension inherent in this fact. Yet faith in Jesus is what holds this community together.
Our priorities for the future include building the community of Christ, being a refuge of prayer, and loving others as ourselves.
We are looking for a rector who:
- Love Jesus and teach through sermons that connect us to God’s love
- Values our diverse and collaborative culture
- Has strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Has skills and desire to foster a culture of generous giving
- Helps us engage in social justice as an outgrowth of our faith
- Helps us identify and use our spiritual gifts
St. Bartholomew’s is located in a quiet area of a great school district just a short drive from downtown Nashville. In addition to a shrine and church hall, our campus includes a walking path and a four-room rectory (2,800 square feet in total).